Bellina wax is an ingredient that is capable of providing unique textures to the oils that accompany them. Today I am going to go one step further and I am going to show you how by decreasing its percentage in the mixture you can go from a gel-like texture, like that of petroleum jelly, to a fluid one like that of gloss. Be careful because with just TWO ingredients you can make a fantastic homemade lip gloss. Do you want to know how? Do not miss this tutorial.
For a 10 gram (g) lipstick:
- 0.5 g of Bellina wax *
- 8.9 g castor oil **
- 0.1 g of vitamin E, about two drops (optional)
- 0.5 g of colored mica or other pigments (optional). You can vary this percentage according to your taste and the provider, but this can be a good starting base
* You can prepare a substitute for this wax at home. Although the result is not identical, it hits the mark. Basically, mix one part of beeswax with another part of glycerin and melt them in a water bath. When melted add a solution of citric acid or white vinegar and heat for 45 minutes. A solid tablet will form on the surface that you should allow drying. Wax ready!
** You can choose any other oil (s). Personally, I like the castor bean because it is great for dispersing pigments and adding volume to the lips. Now, depending on the oil you choose, the percentage of wax to obtain a gel-type format may vary.
Are you vegan? The truth is that this wax is not easy to replace … In fact, I think it is the only recipe for the non-adaptable course. It occurs to me that the wax from Japan or some floral (mimosa, jasmine) could hit. Do you know another alternative?
Step by Step
- Weigh the ingredients using a precision balance
- Prepare a container for a bain-marie and add the wax, oil, and vitamin
- When the wax is melted, add the color (optional)
- Fill the container and let it cool in the fridge
- Label it properly
That’s all friend!